Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers are the same everywhere

The other day I went to visit one of my host mom’s good friends because she had been sick. When we were there, they started talking about their (and other) kids, just like all mom’s do. I started laughing when my host mom started talking about her stepson (my host father’s oldest son, with a different wife, who is studying at the University of Dakar but came home for the Gamou celebration) because she sounded exactly like how my mom used to talk about my brother when he was in college – about how he should cut his hair and tuck his shirt in and not stay up so late with friends. Moms are apparently the same everywhere – and I guess I could expand that generalization and say that young men in college are the same, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment