Sunday, February 21, 2010

Basketball

I forgot to mention that I was the ref for a high school basketball game when I was in Dakar. I was at the American Club (where all the WAIST stuff was) and the director of the basketball league was asking around to see if any of us knew basketball and could ref the game, so I gladly stepped in and helped out. It is apparently a new league for co-ed teams at the area high schools - all international schools, so it was mostly a mix of American and French students. I've never had to make the calls in English and French before, so that was challenging! Here are a couple pics from it. I really enjoyed running around the court (even though I didn’t have tennis shoes!) and shooting since it had been about 4 months since I’d picked up a basketball.




No comments:

Post a Comment